Monday, November 30, 2009

Can anybody guess where we went for Thanksgiving?

Trey had a few days off work and suggested that we take Twila( MeMe) to San Francisco while she was in town and had a great trip - (especially Celia and I who flew Southwest instead of driving 7 hours one way:):):) The weather was great - finally chilly enough to wear a coat, and I even got to wear my 2 new Target sweaters I've been craving to wear.

The first morning Trey watched Celia during her first nap and the rest of us hiked up to telegraph hill for some amazing views.

Coit tower on Telegraph Hill.

The kids were really good hikers although Britain had to take a few breaks here and there.


Bay Bridge

Alcatraz

Golden Gate


Then we all went to Fisherman's Wharf at pier 39.

We had never seen a double-decker carousel before.








They seemed to enjoy the ride and this is Celia's first carousel.







Check out the bubble girl









The seals were really putting on a show and talking but there were not as many seals as I remember seeing the last time.





Then it started to rain a little bit so we were off to the exploratorium - one of my favorite places.






Britain tried her hand at being an artist





And Celia even did a little exploring

There was a really cool machine - and here is our family portrait.


Transamerica pyramid was right behind our hotel


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a wonderful trip - great photos - cute little Polks!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

what a fun trip! I love SF! You got some great pictures!!

Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks :)